PPAP - Production Part Approval Process in United Kingdom
Production Part Approval Process defines generic requirements for production part approval.
What is Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)?
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) - standard used to formally reduce risks prior to product or service release, in a team-oriented manner using well established tools and techniques.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) course goals
- To provide a fundamental understanding of the PPAP evidence vital to producing conforming product.
- To ensure that all process, product, and customer requirements are understood.
- To ensure that the production processes can meet all requirements.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) purpose
- To provide the evidence that all customer engineering design record and specification requirements are properly understood by the manufacturing organization.
- To demonstrate that the manufacturing process has the potential to produce product that consistently meets all requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate.
- To determine if all customer engineering design records and specification requirements are properly understood.
- To determine whether the manufacturing process has the potential to produce product consistently meeting these requirements at the quoted production rate.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) benefits
- Forces formal part conformance and approval
- Ensures formal quality planning
- Helps to maintain design integrity
- Identifies issues early for resolution
- Reduces warranty charges and prevents costs because of poor quality
- Assists with managing supplier changes
- Prevents use of unapproved and nonconforming parts
- Identifies suppliers that need more development
- Improves the overall quality of the product & customer satisfaction
Virtual Classroom Technical Requirements
To access a virtual classroom you must have the following:
- PC or laptop with internet access
- microphone and speaker (headset recommended)