ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager in United Kingdom
ISO/IEC 38500 provides principles, definitions, and a model to help the governing bodies understand the importance of Information Technology (IT).
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager training enables you to acquire the expertise to support and lead an organization to successfully evaluate, direct and monitor an IT Governance model based on ISO/IEC 38500. During this training course, you will also gain comprehensive knowledge of the best practices and core principles of IT Governance and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to ensure good governance of IT.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization and effective management of its risks
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts and principles of IT Governance
- Technical experts seeking to formalize, amend, and/or extend an organization’s IT-related objectives
- Members of groups monitoring the resources within an organization
- IT Governance and/or Information Security team members
- Course objective and structure
- Normative frameworks for IT Governance
- Fundamentals of IT governance
- Relationship between IT Governance and IT Management
- Identification and engagement of stakeholders
- Clarify sponsorship and responsibilities
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the management of IT Governance
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 38500 and comprehensive knowledge of IT Governance.
Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
Day 2: IT Governance Principles, Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Risk Management
Day 3: Evaluate and Direct IT Governance
Day 4: Monitor, Review and Continual Improvement of IT Governance
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Principles for good Governance of IT
Domain 2: Evaluate the organization’s IT Governance
Domain 3: Direct the organization’s IT Governance
Domain 4: Monitor the organization’s IT Governance
Domain 5: Evaluate the need and applicability of the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500
Domain 6: Monitor and review all the activities related to IT Governance
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 38500 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||ITCGMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Provisional IT Corporate Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in IT Governance||IT Governance activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in IT Governance||IT Governance activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Senior Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in IT Governance||IT Governance activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, the IT Governance activities should follow best implementation practices and include a significant part of the following activities:
- Defining a governance management approach
- Selecting an IT Governance model
- Defining the roles and responsibilities of individuals and groups within the organization
- Determining the current and future IT needs
- Planning the allocation of resources
- Performing an on-going analysis of IT acquisition
- Providing the services required to meet the current and future objectives
- Ensuring IT compliance with legislation and regulations
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you retake the exam within 12 months for free