ISO 17025 Lead Assessor in United Kingdom
Mastering the Laboratory Management System based on ISO/IEC 17025
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor training enables you to effectively lead a laboratory towards the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation by enhancing your understanding of the laboratory’s quality, administrative and technical operations. This training course will equip you with the necessary skills and expertise to plan and lead an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the assessment techniques and become competent to assess the compliance of laboratories with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
After mastering the necessary concepts related to the requirements of this standard, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Assessor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities to assess the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories to provide reliable results based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Individuals seeking to perform and lead an accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment
- Laboratory technicians responsible for maintaining conformance to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a testing, sampling and/or calibration laboratory accreditation assessment
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the operations of testing and calibration laboratories based on ISO/IEC 17025
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the assessor’s role in planning, leading, and following-up on assessments and accreditation
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practice tests are similar to the Final Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and comprehensive knowledge of assessment principles and techniques.
Day 1: Introduction to Laboratory Management Systems (LMS) and ISO/IEC 17025
Day 2: Principles, preparation and launching of an assessment
Day 3: On-site assessment activities
Day 4: Closing the assessment
Day 5: Final Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Laboratory Management System (LMS)
Domain 2: Laboratory Management System (LMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental concepts and principles of assessment
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 17025 internal audit program
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 17025 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Assessor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Provisional Assessor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Asessor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Laboratory Management||Assessment activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Laboratory Management||Assessment activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Senior Lead Assessor||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Laboratory Management||Assessment activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
Quick links: ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Course Brochures