ISO 27002 Foundation in United Kingdom
ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement Information Security Controls as specified in ISO/IEC 27002.
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement Information Security Controls as specified in ISO/IEC 27002. During this training course, you will be able to understand how ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 are related to ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the implementation of ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies and management approach.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in Information Security Management and Information Security Controls
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of an Information Security Management System and Information Security Controls
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management
- Understand the implementation of Information Security Controls in accordance with ISO/IEC 27002
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation of Information Security Controls
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27002 and Information Security Management System
Day 2: ISO/IEC 27002 Controls and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management
Domain 2: Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about ISO/IEC 27002 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Foundation Certification are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||ISCMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation Exam or equivalent||None||None||None||Signing of the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free