ISO 18788 Lead Auditor in United Kingdom
Master the Audit of Security Operations Management System (SOMS) based on ISO 18788
Why should you attend?
The ISO 18788 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Security Operations Management System (SOMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Security Operations Management System (SOMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Security Operations Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with SOMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Security Operations Management System audit
- Expert advisors in a Security Operations Management
- Understand the operations of Security Operations Management Systems (SOMS) based on ISO 18788
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 18788 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 18788 in the context of a SOMS audit
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in SOMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 18788 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to a Security Operations Management System (SOMS) and ISO 18788
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
Domain 2: Security Operations Management Systems (SOMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 18788 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 18788 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 18788 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 18788 audit programme
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. Depending on the level of experience, a certificate will be issued to you if you comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about the ISO 18788 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Security Operations Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Security Operations Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Security Operations Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge