ISO 20000 Foundation in United Kingdom
Become acquainted with the best practices of Service Management Systems (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000
Why should you attend?
The PECB ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation training course enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage a Service Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 20000. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of an SMS, including SMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After attending this training course, you can sit for the exam, and if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation certificate shows that you have understood the concepts, principles, and the basic structure of the implementation and management of a service management framework based on the ISO/IEC 20000 international standard.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in service management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Service Management Systems (SMS)
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in service management
- Understand the elements and operations of a service management system and its principal processes.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of an SMS.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples.
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- Exercise questions are similar to the certification exam questions.
Day 1: Introduction to Service Management System (SMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 20000
Day 2: Service Management System (SMS) requirements and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Service Management System (SMS)
Domain 2: Service Management System (SMS)
In case the candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam for free within twelve months following the initial exam.
*Note: This applies only to the candidates who have attended the training course.
For detailed information on the PECB examination process, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. Certification fees are included in the exam price. For more information about the certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for the PECB Foundation Certification are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||SMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam or equivalent||None||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 200 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An Attendance Record worth 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the course.