ISO 22301 Business Continuity Lead Auditor in United Kingdom
Master the audit of Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
Why should you attend?
Given the increasing number of disruptions and the unpredictability of disasters of any kind (natural, occupational, information security), organizations nowadays are aiming at getting certified against ISO 22301 in order to show commitment toward business continuity and ensure that disruptive incidents are detected and properly addressed, thus the management system is continually improved. By becoming a PECB certified auditor, you will achieve a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences, and you qualify yourself to conduct BCMS audits for a certification body.
Recognizing the importance of an effective audit and the means used to successfully conduct it, PECB has designed the ISO 22301 Lead Auditor training course. Attending this training course allows you to obtain the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and the certification process according to ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Through interactive sessions, explanatory information, exercises, and questions for discussion, you will be able to acquire knowledge on the business continuity management system as well as audit techniques and become competent to perform a BCMS audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques, and to manage an audit program and an audit team.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and competences to audit organizations based on the requirements of ISO 22301 and auditing best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead business continuity management system (BCMS) audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the business continuity management system audit process
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with the BCMS requirements in an organization
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for the business continuity management system audit
- Expert advisors in business continuity management
- Understand a business continuity management system (BCMS) and its processes based on ISO 22301
- Acknowledge the relationship between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the auditor’s role in planning, leading, and following up on a BCMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of a BCMS audit
- Plan an audit, lead a team of auditors, draft reports, and follow up on an audit
- Act with due professional care during an audit
- This training course is based on theory, auditing best practices used in BCMS audits, ISO 22301 requirements, and international auditing standards.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar to the certification exam.
Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of BCMS audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to business continuity management system (BCMS) and ISO 22301
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing of the audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
Domain 2: Business continuity management system (BCMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparing an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit program
For more detailed information on the PECB examination process, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 22301 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 22301 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Business Continuity Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Planning an audit
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting nonconformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documented information review
- On-site audit
- Following up on nonconformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An Attendance Record worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free.
Quick links: ISO 22301 Course Brochures