ISO 37301 Lead Implementer in United Kingdom
Master the implementation and management of Compliance Management Systems (CMS) based on ISO 37301.
Why should you attend?
The benefits of implementing a compliance management system (CMS) based on ISO 37301 are manifold: helping the organization avoid or mitigate the costs, risks, and damage of noncompliance, ensuring the long-term sustainability of the organization, promoting trust and confidence, encouraging good governance practices, due diligence, and ethically sound business dealings, etc.
The PECB ISO 37301 Lead Implementer training course provides the knowledge needed to establish, implement, manage, maintain, and continually improve a CMS. It aims to provide an in-depth understanding of ISO 37301 requirements, as well as the best practices and approaches used for the implementation and subsequent maintenance of the compliance management system.
The training course enables you to help organizations establish processes needed to adhere to all compliance obligations and establish controls that proactively prevent noncompliance and contribute to the creation of a culture of integrity, transparency, and openness.
The training course is followed by the certification exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer” credential. The “PECB ISO 37301 Lead Implementer” certificate is internationally recognized. It validates your professional capabilities and competences to implement a CMS in an organization based on the requirements of ISO 37301.
Who should attend?
- Managers, consultants, and compliance officers wishing to develop a thorough understanding of ISO 37301 requirements for a compliance management system
- Managers and consultants seeking a comprehensive CMS implementation framework
- Compliance officers responsible for practicing due diligence with regard to compliance risks
- Individuals wishing to contribute in maintaining organizational integrity by supporting ethical behavior
- Managers and members of governance, risk management, and compliance teams
- Individuals aspiring to become compliance officers or compliance management consultants
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a CMS
- Explain the relationship between ISO 37301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 37301 from the perspective of an implementer
- Support organizations in establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving their CMS based on ISO 37301
- Prepare an organization to undergo a third-party certification audit
This training course is learner-centered and contains:
- Approaches and best practices used in compliance management system implementation, operation, maintenance, and continual improvement
- Theoretical basis supported by practical examples, throughout the four days of the training course
- Lecture sessions illustrated with practical examples based on a case study
- Interaction between the trainers and participants by means of questions and discussions
- Stand-alone quizzes and scenario-based quizzes intended to prepare the participants for the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are a basic knowledge of ISO management system standards, as well as a general understanding of ISO 37301 (or ISO 19600) and the MS implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 37301 and the initiation of a CMS implementation
Day 2: Implementation plan of a CMS
Day 3: Implementation of a CMS
Day 4: CMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a compliance management system
Domain 2: Initiation of a CMS implementation
Domain 3: Planning of a CMS implementation based on ISO 37301
Domain 4: Implementation of a CMS based on ISO 37301
Domain 5: Monitoring and measurement of a CMS based on ISO 37301
Domain 6: Continual improvement of a CMS based on ISO 37301
Domain 7: Preparation for a CMS certification audit
For specific information about the exam please visit the Examination Rules and Policies.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown in the table below. You will receive a certificate once you fulfill all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 37301 credentials and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The PECB ISO 37301 Implementer certification scheme has the following requirements:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||CMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 37301 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37301 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Two years, of which one in compliance management||At least 200 hours of activities||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Five years, of which two in compliance management||At least 300 hours of activities||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 37301 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 37301 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Ten years, of which seven in compliance management||At least 1,000 hours of activities||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
Note: PECB certified individuals who possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master credential, given they have taken four additional Foundation exams related to the scheme.
To be considered valid, the implementation activities should follow best practices and include the following:
- Drafting a CMS implementation plan
- Managing or leading CMS implementation projects
- Implementing the CMS
- Managing documented information
- Implementing corrective actions
- Establishing performance indicators and evaluating the CMS performance
- Performing continual improvement activities
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course.
- PECB will provide over 500 pages of instructional materials containing explanations, guidance, and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, the candidate can retake the exam once for free within 12 months following the initial exam date.