ISO 27002 Manager in United Kingdom
Understand the implementation and management of Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27002 Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of Information Security Controls.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Information Security Controls, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement and manage Information Security controls in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers seeking to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002
- Individuals responsible for Information Security in an organization
- Information Security team members
- Expert advisors in information technology
- IT professionals
- Privacy officers
- Information Security officers
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27002 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Understand the implementation of Information Security Controls in accordance with ISO/IEC 27002
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to effectively implement, manage and maintain Information Security Controls
- Understand the formulation and implementation of Information Security requirements and objectives
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of Information Security controls
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27002 and comprehensive knowledge of Information Security.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002
Day 2: Information Security requirements and objectives based on ISO/IEC 27002
Day 3: Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of Information Security Controls and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security
Domain 2: Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27002 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||ISM experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Provisional Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||
Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management||Information Security Management activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Drafting an ISMS plan
- Managing an Information Security project
- Implementing Information Security processes
- Managing Information Security processes
- Selecting and implementing Information Security controls
- Implementation of IT strategies and Information Security architectures
- Audit and evaluation of Information Security controls
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free