ISO 55001 Lead Auditor in United Kingdom
ISO 55001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Asset Management System (AMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Why should you attend?
ISO 55001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Asset Management System (AMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Asset Management System (AMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Asset Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with AMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Asset Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Asset Management
- Understand the operation of an Asset Management System based on ISO 55001 and its principal processes
- Understand the goal, content and correlation between ISO 55001, ISO 55002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role in planning, leading and following-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 55001 in the context of an AMS audit
- Acquire the competencies to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- Strengthen personal skills necessary for an auditor to act with due professional care during an audit
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in AMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
Day 1: Introduction to asset management and ISO 55001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor “exam completely meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Asset Management System
Domain 2: Asset Management System (AMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 55001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 55001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 55001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an internal ISO 55001 audit programme
For specific information about exam type, please visit the Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
For more information about ISO 55001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for the “PECB Auditor Certifications” are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 55001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing of PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 55001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Asset Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Asset Management||Audit activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 55001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 55001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Asset Management||Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include most of the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Managing an audit program
- Audit interview
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of exam failure, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions