SPC - Statistical Process Control in United Kingdom
Statistical Process Control (SPC) is a tool of quality that use statistical methods to monitor and control a manufacturing process for serial products.
What is Statistical Process Control (SPC)?
Statistical Process Control consists of applying statistical methods for the monitoring and control of a process, to ensure that it works to its full potential to produce compliant products with the minimum possible loss. The Statistical Process Control (SPC) has been applied most frequently for the control of manufacturing lines but, it applies equally well to any process with measurable output elements.
Statistics: The science that deals with the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of quantitative data.
The data (quality characteristics) can be collected by: direct observation, written or verbal or indirect questions. In quality control, most of the time the data is collected by direct observation.
Statistical Process Control (SPC) applies statistical methods to monitor and control a process to operate at full potential
Benefits of SPC:
- Improved Productivity
- Reduced Scrap, Rework, Costs
- Higher Customer Satisfaction
Purposes of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- to evaluate how well a process can produce product that meets specifications;
- to provide guidance about how to;
- improve capability;
- better process centering;
- reduce variation;
- capability studies can be used to define a problem or to verify permanent corrective actions in the problem-solving process.
Statistical Process Control (SPC) course goals
- To provide a fundamental understanding of the relationship between SPC and continuous improvement.
- To use SPC to achieve a state of statistical process control for special characteristics.
- To assess process capability and process performance for special characteristics.
Virtual Classroom Technical Requirements
To access a virtual classroom you must have the following:
- PC or laptop with internet access
- microphone and speaker (headset recommended)