ISO 18788 Foundation in United Kingdom
The ISO 18788 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage a Security Operations Management System (SOMS) as specified by ISO 18788.
Why should you attend?
During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of a SOMS, including the SOMS policy, legal requirements/implications, risk assessment, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in Security Operations
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of a Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Security Operations Management
- Understand the elements and operations of a Security Operations Management System and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 18788 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of a SOMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to Security Operations Management System (SOMS) concepts as required by ISO 18788
Day 2: Security Operations Management System requirements and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
Domain 2: Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the Examination Rules and Policies.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about ISO 18788 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for the PECB Foundation Certification are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||SOMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Foundation||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Foundation exam or equivalent||None||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge