ISO 27002 Lead Manager in United Kingdom
Understand the implementation and management of Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager training enables you to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Information Security controls as specified in ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager” credential. A PECB Lead Manager Certification, proves that you have mastered the principles and techniques for the implementation and management of Information Security Controls based on ISO/IEC 27002.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants seeking to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002
- Project managers or consultants seeking to master the Information Security Management System implementation process
- Individuals responsible for the information security, compliance, risk, and governance, in an organization
- Members of information security teams
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
- IT professionals
- CTOs, CIOs and CISOs
- Master the implementation of Information Security controls by adhering to the framework and principles of ISO/IEC 27002
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective implementation and management of Information Security controls
- Comprehend the relationship between the components of Information Security controls, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior
- Understand the importance of information security for the strategy of the organization
- Master the implementation of information security management processes
- Master the formulation and implementation of security requirements and objectives
- This training is based on both theory and practice
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on case studies
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27002 and comprehensive knowledge of Information Security.
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002
Day 2: Security requirements and objectives based on ISO/IEC 27002
Day 3: Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation of Information Security controls
Day 4: Continual improvement of an organization's information security performance
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts for Information Security Controls
Domain 2: Information Security Control based on ISO/IEC 27002
Domain 3: Planning and evaluating the need and applicability of information security controls
Domain 4: Implementation and management of information security controls
Domain 5: Monitoring and measurement of information security controls
Domain 6: Continual improvement
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown in the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27002 certifications and the PECB certification process, refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Lead Manager certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||ISCMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Provisional Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management||Information Security Management activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management||Information Security Management activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing of the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Senior Lead Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management||Information Security Management activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing of the PECB Code of Ethics|
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 500 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to the participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free