ISO 20000 Lead Implementer in United Kingdom
Master the implementation and management of IT Service Management Systems (ITSMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer training course enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Service Management System (SMS) based on the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard. During this training course, you will also explore the different components of an SMS, which help in improving the quality of the services provided and delivered by an organization, and thus increase its customer satisfaction and overall performance.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of a Service Management System based on the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement, manage and maintain an organization’s SMS based on the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in the implementation of a Service Management System (SMS) in an organization
- Project managers or consultants wishing to master the Service Management System implementation process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Service Management System
- Members of the SMS implementation team
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an SMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and maintaining an SMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Service Management System best practices
- This training course is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of a SMS as per the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with questions and examples.
- Practice tests are similar to the certification exam.
A fundamental understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard, implementation principles and service management concepts.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000 series and initiation of the SMS implementation
Day 2: Planning the implementation of the SMS
Day 3: Implementation of the SMS
Day 4: SMS monitoring, continual improvement and preparation for the certification audit
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Service Management System (SMS)
Domain 2: Service Management System (SMS)
Domain 3: Planning an SMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
Domain 4: Implementing an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
Domain 7: Preparing for an SMS certification audit
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 20000 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||SMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in IT Service Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in IT Service Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in IT Service Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an SMS implementation plan
- Initiating the implementation of an SMS
- Implementing an SMS
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining an SMS
- Identifying and acting upon continual improvement opportunities
- Certification fees are included in the exam price.
- Participants will be provided with training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- The Attendance Record valid for 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants.
- In case of exam failure, participants can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge.