Disaster Recovery Manager in United Kingdom
Understand the implementation and management of Disaster Recovery Services
Why should you attend?
Disaster Recovery Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in implementing, maintaining and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery Plan. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices in Disaster Recovery.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Disaster Recovery processes, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Disaster Recovery Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement and manage Disaster Recovery processes in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Disaster Recovery professionals seeking to gain a comprehensive knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Individuals responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of a Disaster Recovery plan in an organization
- Disaster Recovery team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between Disaster Recovery and other standards, regulatory frameworks and IT areas
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Learn how to interpret the ICT Disaster Recovery strategies in the specific context of an organization
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain Disaster Recovery services based on best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of a DR plan
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of Disaster Recovery Services and comprehensive knowledge of management principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Disaster Recovery and initiation of a DR Plan
Day 2: Risk Mitigation Strategies and Disaster Recovery Planning
Day 3: Disaster Recovery Outsourced services, Response and Activation, Training and Testing and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Disaster Recovery Plan
Domain 2: Disaster Recovery plan development
Domain 3: Recovery facilities and outsourced services capability
Domain 4: Testing and Maintenance of a disaster recovery plan
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about Disaster Recovery certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||DR experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Disaster Recovery Manager||PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager||PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in ICT Disaster Recovery Management||ICT Disaster Recovery activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these disaster recovery activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Establishing a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
- Evaluating Disaster Recovery strategies
- Selecting and implementing Disaster Recovery strategies
- Performing a review of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free