ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager in Romania
Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of IT Governance based on ISO/IEC 38500
Why should you attend?
ISO/IEC 38500 IT Governance Manager training enables you to gain a thorough understanding of the core principles for good governance of IT based on ISO/IEC 38500. During this training course, you will also acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization to apply and manage the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor model.
After becoming acquainted with all the necessary concepts and principles of IT Governance, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and skills to manage an IT Governance model.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the core principles of IT Governance
- IT Governance team members
- Expert advisors involved in IT Governance
- Understand the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500 and learn how to interpret them
- Learn about the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to evaluate, direct and monitor the use of IT in an organization
- Understand COBIT 5 and CGEIT
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in IT Governance
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 38500 and comprehensive knowledge of IT Governance.
Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
Day 2: Principles for the effective, efficient and acceptable use of IT
Day 3: Outcomes, performance measurement techniques and Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles of ISO/IEC 38500
Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO/IEC 38500
Domain 3: Guidance for IT Governance
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 38500 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Manager Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||IT Governance project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Provisional IT Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Governance Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Governance Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Governance Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in IT Governance||IT Governance activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, the IT Governance activities should follow best management practices and include the following:
- Defining a governance management approach
- Selecting an IT Governance model
- Planning the allocation of resources
- Managing IT related risks
- Ensuring IT compliance with legislation and regulations
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free