ISO 18788 Lead Implementer in Romania
Master the implementation and management of Security Operations Management Systems (SOMS) based on ISO 18788
Why should you attend?
ISO 18788 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining a Security Operations Management System (SOMS) based on ISO 18788. The SOMS implementation ensures the protection and safeguarding of clients’ lives and property by respecting the fundamental freedoms, human rights, and national and international laws. During this training course, you will gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Security Operations Management Systems and be able to apply them in an organization.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Security Operations Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement the ISO 18788 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Private Security Operations
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of a Security Operations Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with SOMS requirements
- SOMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 18788 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a SOMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 18788 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain a SOMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Security Operations Management System best practices
- The training includes the practical and theoretical aspects of SOMS implementation
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with case study examples
- Practical exercises are based on a case study and are followed by group discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understating of ISO 18788 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO 18788 and initiation of a SOMS
Day 2: Plan the implementation of a SOMS
Day 3: Implementation of a SOMS
Day 4: SOMS monitoring, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
Domain 2: Security Operations Management System (SOMS)
Domain 3: Planning a SOMS implementation based on ISO 18788
Domain 4: Implementing a SOMS based on ISO 18788
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a SOMS based on ISO 18788
Domain 6: Continual improvement of a SOMS based on ISO 18788
Domain 7: Preparing for a SOMS certification audit
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 18788 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||SOMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Security Operations Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Security Operations Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 18788 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 18788 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Security Operations Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting a SOMS plan
- Initiating a SOMS implementation
- Implementing a SOMS
- Monitoring and managing a SOMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge